Monday, December 10, 2012

Ear Tube Update

Declan did such an amazing job!! He did not get to eat until around 8 and that is 2 hours later than what he is used to.  He truly is an awesome boy.  It was very unsettling to see Declan crying after it was over.  He didn't know what was going on and was not feeling well from the anesthesia.  I was strong until that point, I lost it when I saw him in the recovery room. 

Dr. Allphin removed puss from his right ear and fluid from his left ear.  I am in awe of my son and how happy he was acting considering what was sitting in his ears. YUCKY! Poor boy, but he is now feeling much better.

After a bottle and a couple of naps, my baby was doing good.  We were even able to go out to lunch at a local spot and enjoyed our time as a little family.

Since Declan is now free from pressure in his head, it was time to switch to the crib from the hammock.  Saturday night went well.  I was out with some girlfriends, so I didn't have to hear him cry.  Brian said he only cried for 30ish minutes and slept all night until 7 AM. WOO!  Now last night was another story.  He fell asleep well and then woke up at 11:30 and cried for about an hour.  He then woke up several times to cry for a couple of minutes and then fell back asleep.  I am thinking it was from a wardrobe malfunction that he didn't do as well.  We put him in a sleeper that was a little too big and he woke up with his arm through his neck hole! Poor baby...I pray for a better night's sleep for Declan and mommy and daddy. :)  We did decide to do the cry it out method.  There was lots of praying and discussion on what method we would try.  It is so hard to make that decision.  I am positive we are doing the right thing for Declan.  He will be a much better sleeper after he figures out he is safe and comfortable.  The hard thing is staying out of his room while he is crying, Brian and I both want to go in there so badly.  Brian has been an excellent support and stopping me from going in.

Dori!! Our first baby!
Big news!! We also have a mover!!! Declan is crawling backwards and scooting on his rear! It is so neat to see him move across the room.

I am looking forward to our holiday break.   I will be off from December 20 at noon until January 2, 2013!! WOOHOO! I can't wait to spend time with the hubby, Declan, family, and friends!






No comments:

Post a Comment