I have never liked rocking devices. I do have several reasons why. Wooden rocking chairs are uncomfortable, although they are a nice addition to a home. We have never had a place for one. Recliners are just UGLY. Yet, they are very comfortable.
The husband and I started discussing rocking devices quite a few months ago. I am the one who decorates our home, so it is usually my way or the high way...Except this time. We decided we would probably rock our baby more in the living room where we could be around each other and quite frankly, where the TV is. So, the decision was made to buy a recliner for the living room. UGH! GROSS! I was totally not excited because we don't have enough room in our living room to just add it in. I now have to remove one of my chairs and put it somewhere else in the house. For now, I have bought a slip cover to match Baby D's room and the chair is now in there. The girlfriends are coming over Monday and they get to help me decide what to do. It isn't horrible, but slip covers aren't quite great either. Boy, this little boy is testing me already! ;)
I know it will all be okay..after all, it is just furniture.
Sunday was the big day. The recliner came in and was ready for pick up. We borrowed my father's truck and off to Lazy Boy we went. The chairs are now switched out...It may not look the best, but the recliner is sure comfortable. I know I will be very thankful we chose this route when we are rocking our sweet little boy in less than 30 days! Crazy, huh?
Here she is! What do you think?
The husband and I started discussing rocking devices quite a few months ago. I am the one who decorates our home, so it is usually my way or the high way...Except this time. We decided we would probably rock our baby more in the living room where we could be around each other and quite frankly, where the TV is. So, the decision was made to buy a recliner for the living room. UGH! GROSS! I was totally not excited because we don't have enough room in our living room to just add it in. I now have to remove one of my chairs and put it somewhere else in the house. For now, I have bought a slip cover to match Baby D's room and the chair is now in there. The girlfriends are coming over Monday and they get to help me decide what to do. It isn't horrible, but slip covers aren't quite great either. Boy, this little boy is testing me already! ;)
I know it will all be okay..after all, it is just furniture.
Sunday was the big day. The recliner came in and was ready for pick up. We borrowed my father's truck and off to Lazy Boy we went. The chairs are now switched out...It may not look the best, but the recliner is sure comfortable. I know I will be very thankful we chose this route when we are rocking our sweet little boy in less than 30 days! Crazy, huh?
Here she is! What do you think?
This post is very near and dear to my heart. You and I are very much aligned on this. A necessary evil. HA! Can't wait to see it in person!
ReplyDelete:) I can't wait to get your opinion!
DeleteYes, I hate them too. But we had our time with our recliners... very necessary. Upon moving mine out to sell at the garage sale last year, I discovered a couple spots of dried baby spit up in a hard to reach, hidden crevice. Gross, but still made me smile. Awwww... that good ol' recliner will bring you great memories. I'm sure of it!
ReplyDeleteThanks Whit! :)
DeleteI think we have that same recliner!
ReplyDeleteIt was quite comfy!
Delete