Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend

Memorial Day means so much to our family.  My older brother, Grant, is in the midst of going to Afghanistan.  He is a helicopter pilot for Army National Guard.  This will be his second trip to the Middle East.  Not a fun time for our family.  Grant is currently at Ft. Hood in training, so he was able to come back for Memorial Day.  He will come back around the 4th of July one more time and then we won't see him until he returns.  I am so proud of Grant, but selfishly want him to stay home away from everything.  Grant is a man of honor and I am so thankful for him.

I do believe I have one of the best families around! We have so much fun together and really enjoy each others company.  We have a LARGE family, so we haven't all got together in a long time, but when we do, it is always a great time.  

This year we celebrated at my parent's house with a BBQ and fire pit. 

Enjoy the pictures!  Happy Hump Day!



Grandpa, niece Molly, and nephew Brody making S'mores.

Brother Grant and Tanya

Sister Amber and Brad

Brother Andrew and Nephew Blake (Grant's son)

Sis in Law Kelsey, Grandma, Declan, and Uncle Jim

Molly, Aunt Jean, and Brody

Hubby and I

Burning some marshmallows!

Aunt Jean and Declan



Cousins playing together! I love seeing them play!

Cousins playing in the center of everyone.  You can tell the gentlemen in the back are so excited! HA

Trying out the rocking horse for the first time.

I love seeing Declan wear tank tops! Those arms get me every time! :)

My little love!

No comments:

Post a Comment