For those that don't know, I am a high school counselor at OTC Career Center. I really enjoy my job. I love building relationships with students and working with them throughout their schooling at the Career Center. I consider myself blessed to do what I do. I know that I have been given a Gift to work with these special students on their journey through life.
The bad thing that comes with this certain job is that I am on a 12 month contract instead of a 10 month. This is super sad for me. I did know this taking the job, but I slightly regret the decision now that I have Declan. I think about Declan ALL THE TIME! I miss him ALL THE TIME! I know that he is in good hands though. My mother is taking care of him this summer. We are truly blessed by her doing this. She is saving us money, but Declan is also getting to spend time with his DeeDee and Conner (my 12 year old little brother). Declan has a great time with them.
I am a person that likes to do a lot (just ask the hubby). I commit to a lot of activities or jobs. I complete them all, but I am tired. When I found out I was pregnant with Baby D, I realized I needed to start cutting back. So, I started taking away some of my extra responsibilities.
I have been doing contract work for Everest College. I have been proctoring a certain test to students one night a week. This will come to an end this month because of the federal government adding more regulations. This was awesome extra money, but I am not that sad since I get to spend more time with my little man.
I have been a volunteer for the past 2 years at a local non profit organization called Lost and Found Grief Support Center. This is a safe place for kids to come if they have lost a parent or sibling due to a death (check out the link above for a better explanation). I have been a facilitator for a middlers group. It has been one of the hardest yet rewarding thing I have ever done. Death and grief are tough to handle in all aspects as a person that goes through it and a person that is a supporter during the process. Being a volunteer is something I don't want to give up. Brian and I talked about it and agreed that I would continue even after having Declan. This is a commitment of only 2 evenings a month. Not a lot of time, but it means so much to the kids that come to Lost and Found. They need to see a familiar face when they are going through the toughest part of their lives.
A door is closing at Everest College for me, but yet a new door will be open for me as well. The director/co-founder of Lost and Found called me yesterday with an opportunity I just can't pass up. She offered me a job as a coordinator of a middlers group. I felt so honored when she called me. It is not often that someone just calls and offers you a job. She respects me as a counselor and knows my abilities to work with these wonderful kiddos. This is a paid position that will help make up for the money that I was receiving from Everest College. It will still only be twice a month, which is nice. I really don't like being away from Declan that long, but it will give him some "man time" with his Daddy. This is truly a blessing. It is coming at a time when our family truly needs it. It is also giving me some time to do the work that I truly enjoy. Although, it doesn't seem like work when I am loving what I am doing. It is truly an honor to work with such a wonderful organization. So, I will no longer be a volunteer, but I will still get to be a part of Lost and Found.
I will now be embarking in an all new adventure plus figuring out how to be a good mommy and a good wife. I know that I would not have been offered the opportunity if He knew I couldn't handle it. This is going to be a fun and busy school year!
![]() |
| My stud muffin! ;) |

No comments:
Post a Comment