Thursday, January 31, 2013

Weight Loss Journey


Journey.....Yes, my weight loss has been a journey.

I gained a lot of weight during my pregnancy.  Mostly because I ate junk food and the other part was I ended up getting very sick with my pregnancy.  I have always struggled with my weight, but had fought that battle and won before getting pregnant.  I was in the best shape of my life and finally happy with my body.  I even wore a bikini for our Florida vacation.  I was feeling good.

Well, then I gave birth and there was all that fat to lose.  Here is just part of the fat.  I had to lose around 60ish pounds to get back to my pre-Declan weight.  I was determined and I still am.


AHH! Don't get too scared.




Progress, this was the end of June.  I still needed to lose 8 dress sizes.

7 months post baby...almost there!
I need to take a picture of where I am now.  I am not where I want to be, but I am in all my pre- Declan clothes and proud of the work I have completed.  I still want my flat belly back even though I have stretch marks.  I am a work in progress.

So, you are probably wondering what I did, right? Let me tell you! 

I work out. I breastfeed. I eat...eh, just okay.

So, I am not sure how much the breastfeeding has helped me, but it is an extra calorie burn.  I am almost done with that, so I won't have that advantage any more.

Work outs:
~ZUMBA (my new found LOVE)
~HIIT (high intensity interval training):  I got a workout from the trainer at my gym
~running (not too consistent right now)

Eating is just okay right now.  Sometimes I eat good, sometimes I don't. I just try to eat in moderation.

My goals:
~more ZUMBA:  I do this 3x a week
~more HIIT:  ideally I would like to do this 2x a week
~more running: I would like to do this 3-4x a week.
~more weight training:  when to fit it in?? 
~eating right: I need to meal plan and focus more on my eating.  I have heard that 90% of weight loss is contributed to your eating.  I am sure that is right, I just need to focus on this.  

My PLAN:
~Zumba: Monday, Thursday, Saturday
~HIIT:  Tuesday
~run: Sunday and Wednesday
~rest on Fridays
~meal planning


                   I will keep you updated on my journey. It is going to be a good one. 

I have BIG goals for myself.  

I will complete them.



And you can't have a post without a picture or two of my main man.

Swinging this week at the park on our random 70 degree weather day.
Our blessing.


1 comment:

  1. I love those two photos of the little babe.

    I know you can accomplish whatever goal you set for yourself! You are one of the most driven people I know! Lots of love.

    ReplyDelete