Life happens and sometimes interferes when we are trying to achieve our weight loss goals. It gets tough and sometimes it is just easier to give in and not complete our work out. That is what happened to me this weekend.
The hubby got sick. He got really sick....I felt bad for him. So sad. He is on the mend now, so things are looking up.
My schedule had to change for my workouts as I could not depend on my hubby to take care of Declan. I am lucky to have a very supportive family that is near me. So, instead of doing Zumba on Saturday like I had planned, I did HIIT with my sister, Amber. My parents watched Declan for me, so I could get my work out in for the day.
Sunday is run day. Before Declan, I had been training for a marathon, so I used to be a runner. I am working on becoming one again. ;) Or are we always a runner? Any way, Amber and I had scheduled our run right before our Super Bowl party. We were to drop our kids off at our parents and set out for our run. Did we do it? YES WE DID!!! We make a plan and stick to it. Get a partner, it helps holding yourself accountable. We had a great run. We didn't worry about our time, we just knew we wanted to run 3 miles. We actually ran a little bit over that. I am thinking next Sunday we should do 4. :) I will keep you updated. What was even better, I didn't eat as much because I had just ran! :)
My point is, life happens and gets in our way. We have a choice on what we want to do with that. I could have made up the excuse my hubby is sick and I can't work out. I chose not to do that.
So, tonight is my normally scheduled Zumba class. However, I can't attend and I don't have time to work out. Today will be my rest day and rest is good. :) By the way...check out the link for zumba!! It will give you the class schedule and so much more. Zumba will be a blog post all on its own. ;)
Tuesday, February 5, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment