I have been struggling with many things in my life.
I struggle with being a working momma.
- I never thought I would want to be a stay at home momma, but I sure do. I think about Declan 150% of the time I am away at work. It makes me sad just thinking about it. I truly miss him all the time. I know that it will possibly get easier, but I also know I will be a better momma to Declan if I work right now. It will be better for our little family in the long run.
I struggle to make sure I am a good momma to my son.
- I want to make sure I am the best momma to Declan. I struggle thinking about whether I am doing the right things for him all the time. I try my best. I know that this is just the beginning, there will be much more obstacles to jump through with this little man. I pray that I can be the best momma I can be to him.
I struggle being a good wife to my ever lasting husband.
- It is so much harder to be a good wife when there is a little one around. Before baby D, I felt I did my very best to be a supportive, loving, and so much more wife. Now that Declan is here, I feel like I have put Brian to the side. Sorry, babe. I will never stop trying. In my eyes, I must have a successful and loving marriage to make my family strive. Brian and I have made a goal to have date nights at least once a month. So, anyone up for babysitting Declan???
I struggle finding time to exercise/run.
- I love to run. I love to work out. I loved all of that before I got pregnant. I have always struggled with my body image. I now even struggle more. I have lost a lot of weight already, but I have quite a bit to lose still. Darn that preclampsia and eating unhealthy through out my pregnancy. Now, I struggle with finding the time to work out. Declan gets up early to eat, so I am having a hard time staying up to work out. I know I can if I set my mind right. My goal is to start jogging with my little man. I have an awesome jogging stroller thanks to my wonderful set of "running chics". They are always a constant support for me. Now to JUST DO IT!
I struggle finding a church home for our family.
- Before Declan came along, Brian and I had found a church that we both loved. We still love it. The problem; the church is SO BIG! I do like that part of it, but now that we have Declan I worry about all of the GERMS! I don't want Declan to get sick because we decide to go to church. So, we are now going to try a church in Republic with my sister, Amber. She loves her church and it is a bit smaller. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks, Brian, Declan, and I can visit this church.
I pray my struggles can become triumphs.
Any tips my blog followers?
I will babysit (if you trust me to ;).
ReplyDeleteYou are a great momma and wife! Don't doubt that!!!
I will take you up on the babysitting offer! :)
DeleteThank you so much!
I'm not sure how much my 2 cents is worth but I'm sure you are doing your best on all fronts. If you've ever read my blog you will find I struggle with the same things and worries and mostly over a teenager. I'm petrified to go back to work after baby and am worried about resenting the fact that I have to. My only silver lining and yours should be too is that you have unconditional love for your child and your spouse and they do for you too!! From what I can tell you are doing an excellent job.
ReplyDelete